Saturday, October 9, 2010

Raising campaign funds with a cardboard sign

Earlier this year, I stated that the weirdest thing I saw this year was Ken Buck's statement about not wearing high heels. Then Ms. "I hang out with questionable people as a teen, including Wiccans" showed up. But that is not the most interesting thing I have seen in this election cycle.

The prize for most interesting thing seen this election cycle goes to Barbara (last name unknown), who was standing on a street corner with a cardboard sign that said:

Running for Governor. Trying to raise campaign funds.

Is there any way that we can force all politicans to raise their campaign funds this way? Seriously, can people begging on the street do a worse job, and screw me more than the professional politicans have? And given the loons that are running for office this election cycle, the guy pushing the cart up Colfax and talking to an archangel looks positively sane in comparsion.

(And yes, I gave Barbara a dollar. After all, one needs to support the better politicans. Don't tell my wife.)

1 comment:

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Morgan,
In case you did not know, I ran for president in 2008. My campaign dinner were at McDonald's of which people paid for their own mean of approximately $6. The campaign was run out of my parents kitchen and advertising done through Multiply.

Next time I will think about the cardboard and the corner.

Great post, humored me.

Peace...Naila Moon